Jackson has gotten into the pattern of not wanting to go to bed and also really looking forward to the time that he has...by himself...in his room...with the lights on until 11:00 at night. And yes we go in there and turn off the lights. Many times. Wanna know what he is doing? Yeah, I would love to know as well, but as far as I can surmise here is what he does:
- Sits in his chair and reads a book and then dumps it on the other side of the chair. After about 35 books you make quite a pile.
- Plays with the keyboard he got from Cam for his birthday. Turns on the demo song and dances the night away.
- Tries to set up his train tracks but isn't quite there yet.
- Pulls out his cars and drives them across the table to hear the crash...this one is a dead giveaway.
- Takes off his diaper (least favorite activity)
- Plays with blocks. I have come in and seen a stack 12 high. Well done Jackson!
- Kicks the wall, kicks the bed, kicks the floor, and kicks the door.
- Checking out the window for Jakie's Big Truck to show up and to leave. Either one will do, Jackson is not picky.
The night always ends the same. Jackson. Passed out on his bed. Waiting for the morning sun to come into his room at about 6 AM to start singing songs, reading, dancing, and waiting for Mommy and Daddy to rescue him so he can drink some milk and watch Dora the Explorer. He loves life.
We have quite a little boy.
-Posted by Jeff